Last weekend I finished the buttonholes and yesterday I sewed on the buttons. So all work is done, and I got myself a new waistcoat! If you care to read about the process I managed to write five (!) installments for this little project. Click on links here, here, here, here, and here.
Getting ready for some quick photos.
The idea was to make a rather plain and comfortable waistcoat for summer picnics. There was just enough of this pink linen for the typical 1790-1820’s style with short waist.
Six metal buttons. They are just ordinary modern buttons from the fabric store, but have that suitable neo-classical look.
I found the exact match of cotton embroidery thread. I used two strands for the buttonholes and one strand for the prick-stitches.
Closeup of collar and lapel.